|Date:||Saturday, Nov 10|
|Location:||Hall D, Edmonton EXPO Centre|
Returning to the line up by popular demand, the Northlands Barrel Racing Futurity is open to any horse foaled in 2014/2013 and later (4 and 5 year olds). Futurity will be TWO go rounds and an average. Champions will be declared on their TWO run average. $5,000 added purse.
Provided they meet the criteria, any horse that entered last year’s and this year’s Bloodstock sale will be eligible to compete at Farmfair International in the Barrel Racing Futurity for added monies.
Entries open August 1, 2018
Northlands Bloodstock Sale Incentive
Any horse that goes through the sale ring (including those that do not meet their reserve bid and are passed) at the Bloodstock Sale at Farmfair International is then eligible to return to the Northlands Barrel Racing Futurity or the Canadian National Team Roping Futurity as four or five year olds.
Returning horses will compete for a $10,000 Incentive, which will be awarded in the following fashion:
- Horses must compete and not be disqualified in their respective events.
- If only one horse returns and competes it is eligible for the entire purse.
- If there is a returning horse in both the Barrel Racing and the Team Roping, $5000 will be allocated to each event.
- If there are multiple returning horses in each event, the money will be divided on a percentage scale, as listed below:
- Two horses per event: 60% goes to highest placing horse, 40% to lower placing horse.
- Three horses: 50% to the highest placing horse, 30% to the next highest placing horse, 20% to the lowest placing horse.
- Four horses: 40% to the highest placing horse, 30% to the 2nd highest placing horse, 20% to the third highest placing horse and 10% to the lowest placing horse.
- If there are no returning horses in a given year, the $10,000 does not roll over to the next year.
- Horses are only eligible to the incentive money once.
For inquiries, please contact Northlands Agriculture or by phone at 1.780.471.7300.