|Time:||Demonstration at 10 a.m.
Sale at 4:30 p.m.
|Location:||Hall D, Edmonton EXPO Centre|
Bloodstock is a premier horse sale that brings together some of the top bloodlines in the industry and is a high calibre auction and a prime marketing opportunity for horse breeders. Northlands gathers bloodstock from across Canada for this performance horse auction. This year’s Bloodstock sale will be limited to 20 yearlings, two year olds and three year olds.
In 2011 we had our first Bloodstock Sale, and the vision for that event was to develop a premiere sale for the purpose of marketing premium equine genetics, providing breeders with a select sale opportunity and buyers an opportunity to source great horses in one location.
We are now entering into the 6th sale and have refined the program quite significantly and here are the highlights how the program works:
- The sale is open to quality yearlings, two year old and three year old horses of saddle type.
- Horses that enter the sale and go through the ring are eligible to return for added incentives at Farmfair International equine events in subsequent years.
- As four and five year olds they can compete in the Northlands Barrel Racing Futurity, and the Canadian National Team Roping Futurity.
- The 2016 available purse was $10,000, split: $5,000 to the Barrel Racing Futurity and $5,000 to the Canadian National Team Roping Futurity.
- The eligibility transfers with the horse, so even if you have sold a horse that horse is still eligible with its new owner.
2016 Bloodstock Sale results – visit here
For inquiries, please contact Northlands Agriculture or by phone at 1.780.471.7300
The Sale Catalogue will be available October 15, 2017 on northernhorse.com
Northlands Bloodstock Sale Incentive
Any horse that goes through the sale ring (including those that do not meet their reserve bid and are passed) at the Bloodstock Sale at Farmfair International is then eligible to return to the Northlands Barrel Racing Futurity or the Canadian National Team Roping Futurity as four or five year olds.
Returning horses will compete for a $10,000 Incentive, which will be awarded in the following fashion:
- Horses must compete and not be disqualified in their respective events
- If only one horse returns and competes it is eligible for the entire purse
- If there is a returning horse in both the Barrel Racing and the Team Roping, $5000 will be allocated to each event.
- If there are multiple returning horses in each event, the money will be divided on a percentage scale, as listed below:
Two horses per event: 60% goes to highest placing horse, 40% to lower placing horse
Three horses: 50% to the highest placing horse, 30% to the next highest placing horse, 20% to the lowest placing horse
Four horses: 40% to the highest placing horse, 30% to the 2nd highest placing horse, 20% to the third highest placing horse and 10% to the lowest placing horse
If there are no returning horses in a given year, the $10,000 does not roll over to the next year.
Horses are only eligible to the incentive money once.