|Location:||Hall B, Edmonton EXPO Centre|
The Junior Futurity features young agriculture enthusiasts ages 5-21. The event includes showmanship competitions, a pee wee division, an open division, bred and owned division, and a commercial division. This allows junior exhibitors to showcase their cattle herds.
There are 16 scholarships awarded in the Junior Futurity program, as follows:
- Pee Wee Division: 1ST Place & 2ND Place
- Commercial Division: 1ST Place & 2ND Place
- Heifer Prospect Division: 1ST Place & 2ND Place
- Steer Prospect Division: 1ST Place & 2ND Place
- Bred & Owned Division: 1ST Place & 2ND Place
- Open Division: 1ST Place & 2ND Place
- Junior Marketing: 1ST Place & 2ND Place
- Senior Marketing: 1ST Place & 2ND Place
1st place winners receive a $370 contribution to their RESP and 2nd place receives a $125 contribution.
Junior Futurity Scholarship applications open now – Deadline October 20, 2017
|Thursday, November 9|
|4 – 4:45 p.m.||Junior Futurity Pee Wee Show presented by UFA||Hall A|
|Friday, November 10|
|1 – 3 p.m.||Junior Futurity Bred & Owned presented by UFA||Hall A|
|3 – 4 p.m.||Junior Futurity Commercial Show presented by UFA||Hall A|
|Saturday, November 11|
|9 a.m. – noon||Junior Futurity Open Show presented by UFA||Hall A|
“Farmfair International is a great show to start showing at. As a young cattleperson just starting in purebred cattle, I have learned a lot about what good cattle look like. Farmfair International is definitely the show to go to if you want to learn from the best of the best.” -Kaitlin Malterer
For any inquiries, contact Northlands Agriculture or call 780.471.7300.