Heritage Ranch Rodeo
Visit here for the 2018 results:
Participating Ranches for 2018
Fifteen working ranches from across Western Canada will compete for top honours in the 14th Annual Heritage Ranch Rodeo. Traditional ranching methods—originally developed many years ago and still used today—will be transformed into exciting events that demonstrate the lifestyle and skills associated with the cattle ranching industry.
- Lone Bar Ranch
- Bluebird Valley Ranch Ltd.
- Bar U Ranch National Historic Site
- San Emideo Ranch Corporation
- R Bar Ranch
- Roseburn Ranches
- Benchmark Angus
- Quill Ranch
- Soderglen Ranches
- Cherhill Ranch
- Meadow Springs
- Heritage Farms
- Rocking Chair
- Wowk Ranches
- Dodds Ranching Ltd.
- Wild Cow Milking - a four man timed event representing how to rope a cow in the middle of pasture to help a calf drink.
- Team Sorting - a four man timed event where cattle must be sorted and penned.
- California Branding - a four man timed event where a calf must be roped and branded.
- Team Doctoring - a four man timed event representing how to rope and treat a sick animal in the pasture.
- Stray Gathering - a four man timed event where two stray steers are roped.
- Bronc Riding - a judged event where the contestant must ride a bucking horse for as long as they can for a maximum of eight seconds. Points will be awarded for the difficulty of the horse and also for the degree of aggressiveness, control, and exposure demonstrated by the rider.
For inquiries, please contact Northlands Agriculture by email or phone at 1.780.471.7300