|Date:||Sunday, Nov 11|
|Location:||Hall D, Edmonton EXPO Centre|
|Cost of Entry:||$900|
|Days:||Saturday/Sunday (Hall A stalls)|
|Entry Deadline:||Oct 1, 2018|
Team Roping Futurity, Canada’s top rope horse title for horses five years and under, is a guaranteed five head judged event that showcases the best young rope horses competing for part of the top prize. This unique event is now in its 6th year and has become one of the hottest competitions at Farmfair International!
You’ll see four and five-year-old horses compete for $25,000 in prize money, with horses and riders coming from all three western provinces and the United States. This is a judged event, and provides breeders and trainers with a unique opportunity to promote their horses to team roping enthusiasts from across Western Canada!
Northlands Bloodstock Sale Incentive
Any horse that goes through the sale ring (including those that do not meet their reserve bid and are passed) at the Bloodstock Sale at Farmfair International is then eligible to return to the Northlands Barrel Racing Futurity or the Canadian National Team Roping Futurity as four or five year olds.
Returning horses will compete for a $10,000 Incentive, which will be awarded in the following fashion:
- Horses must compete and not be disqualified in their respective events.
- If only one horse returns and competes it is eligible for the entire purse.
- If there is a returning horse in both the Barrel Racing and the Team Roping, $5000 will be allocated to each event.
- If there are multiple returning horses in each event, the money will be divided on a percentage scale, as listed below:
- Two horses per event: 60% goes to highest placing horse, 40% to lower placing horse.
- Three horses: 50% to the highest placing horse, 30% to the next highest placing horse, 20% to the lowest placing horse.
- Four horses: 40% to the highest placing horse, 30% to the 2nd highest placing horse, 20% to the third highest placing horse and 10% to the lowest placing horse.
- If there are no returning horses in a given year, the $10,000 does not roll over to the next year.
- Horses are only eligible to the incentive money once.