Heritage Ranch Rodeo
Congratulations to our Heritage Ranch Rodeo winners!
- 1st – R Bar Ranch
- 2nd – Quill Ranch
- 3rd – Meadow Springs
- Top Bronc Rider – Travis Jordan from R Bar Ranch
- Top Working Cow Horse – Jared Sherman from Soderglen Ranches
- Top Ranch Hand – Logan Delinte from Quill Ranch
Sixteen working ranches from across Western Canada will compete for top honours in the 15th Annual Heritage Ranch Rodeo. Traditional ranching methods—originally developed many years ago and still used today—will be transformed into exciting events that demonstrate the lifestyle and skills associated with the cattle ranching industry.
- Wild Cow Milking - a four man timed event representing how to rope a cow in the middle of pasture to help a calf drink.
- Team Sorting - a four man timed event where cattle must be sorted and penned.
- Traditional Branding - a four man timed event where a calf must be roped and branded.
- Team Doctoring - a four man timed event representing how to rope and treat a sick animal in the pasture.
- Stray Gathering - a four man timed event where two stray steers are roped.
- Bronc Riding - a judged event where the contestant must ride a bucking horse for as long as they can for a maximum of eight seconds. Points will be awarded for the difficulty of the horse and also for the degree of aggressiveness, control, and exposure demonstrated by the rider.
For inquiries, please email Northlands Agriculture.